I’m bad at taking pictures of food. Particularly baking. I swear to you, this picture took over half an hour to get right. And it’s still rubbish. But, the good news is that the recipe is delicious and not only is it raw and vegan, it’s packed with super foods and is perfect for a treat or for entertaining friends.
- 170g of rolled oats
- 2tbsp of maple syrup
- 140g of raw cacao powder
- 75g of raw hazelnuts
- 170g of raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 70g of medjool dates (stones removed)
- 50ml of water (alternatively you could use raw almond milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2tbsp of coconut oil
- To make the base, add the oats, dates, hazelnuts and half of the water to a food processor and process till the become a stodgy mixture. You can add more water if you like to get the desire consistency.
- In a cake tin, scoop out the mixture from the food processor and line the bottom of the cake tin. This will become your base.
- Store in a freezer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the maple syrup, cashews, cacao, coconut oil, banana and the remaining water to a food processor and process till all the ingredients are combined. Again, you can add more water if necessary.
- Add the next layer to your cake tin and freeze over night.