Autumn is officially here. The clouds and rain were so heavy this morning, the so called “natural light” didn’t want to cooperate and I was left with a mediocre picture and very little time to eat and get to work.
Enough complaining from me. This is my new seasonal smoothie recipes series. I’m going to make ten recipes per season and to start off Autumn, here is a very simple, fruity recipe to get you in the mood.
- 1 pink lady apple, cut into chunks (save a small slice for garnish)
- 1 handful of blackberries, washed (save 2-3 for garnish)
- 1 tsbp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp of soy-based yoghurt. I used Alpro vanilla (for garnish)
- Add your apple, blackberries, almond milk, maple syrup and cinnamon to a blender and blend until smooth. You can add more almond milk if you prefer a thinner smoothie.
- Pour into a bowl. Add a dollop of soy-based yoghurt to the middle of the bowl and create a marble effect using a chopstick or the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with the rest of your apple and the blackberries.